Non-surgical skin tightening/firming procedures can effectively tighten moderately lax skin on the face, neck, and body, helping patients improve their appearance and postpone the need for surgery.
WHY CONSIDER NON-SURGICAL SKIN TIGHTENING ?
As we age, production of collagen and elastin—two proteins that help our skin stay plump, firm and smooth—slows down, resulting in areas of lax, sagging skin on the face, neck and body. If you are bothered by skin laxity, non-surgical skin tightening can temporarily halt this process and restore a firmer, smoother, more youthful appearance with little to no downtime.
BENEFITS OF NON-SURGICAL SKIN TIGHTENING
- Tightens mild to moderately loose skin on the face, neck or body without surgery or scars
- Many treatments can provide a noticeable “lifting” effect
- Little to no downtime is needed
- Very low risk of adverse effects when performed by a qualified dermatologist
- Results can last up to 1 year
- Results appear gradually over several weeks or months following treatment
- Multiple treatments may be needed to achieve desired results
- Treatment will need to be repeated periodically to maintain results
- Not effective on more advanced skin sagging or stretched skin following pregnancy or weight loss
RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) TREATMENTS
Radiofrequency (RF) energy can also be used to heal the skin and trigger collagen production. In contrast to ultrasound, RF focuses on epidermal layers to achieve a firmer, smoother appearance.
- FDA cleared options can treat the face, neck, hands, and body
- Treatments can be performed in-office, typically involve little to no discomfort, and require no downtime
- Most RF-only treatments are safe for all skin types
- Results appear gradually over several months following treatment
- A series of 2 to 6 treatments may be recommended for optimal results